Interested in a mbta Youth Pass?
Currently, we ONLY service Chelsea and East Boston residents. Here's what you need to know!
In order to be eligible for the Youth Pass, the following criteria need to be met.
- Must live in Chelsea or East Boston
- CAN NOT be enrolled in middle or high school
- Be born after November 1, 1991
- If you were born before November 1, 1998, you must also show that you are enrolled in one of the MBTA's accepted GED or job training program, or state/federal income based- benefit programs (click here to view a list of qualifying programs).
Acceptable age verifying documents:
- Copy of birth certificate
- Photo ID (Mass ID, Passport, School ID) that includes date of birth
- School record or other state record that includes date of birth
- Visa, residency, or other immigration document with date of birth
- Notarized Affidavit by legal guardian or parent with date of birth
Please contact Adela Gonzalez at YouthPass@GreenRootsChelsea.org to schedule an appointment.
At this time, we do not accept walk-ins.